At NGS we place tremendous importance on finding the best people to join our team.
Learning Support Teacher - Temporary
An opportunity now exists for an experienced practitioner to join our Learning Support team. This is a temporary position to cover a period of parental leave from Term 2 until end of Term 4 2020, that is responsible for providing learning support to Years 7 to 12.
To be successful in the role, it is essential you have the following:
- Appropriate Learning Support Qualifications including MacqLit Training;
- A minimum 2 years of experience working in a Learning Support position or similar;
- Prior experience in implementing literacy programmes for students in Year 7 – 12 and a track record of achieving enhanced literacy outcomes.
- Experience in providing one on one withdrawal support;
- The ability to provide EAL/D support;
- Proven experience working with children who have literacy difficulties;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with parents and support classroom teachers to assist all students to reach their full potential; and
- A passion for student wellbeing.
For any further information please contact, Sarah Tyler on (02) 4940 8743.
Applications Close: Friday, 21 February 2020
If you are applying for any available positions, please complete the Application for Employment Form and send with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.