The achievements of NGS students in external examinations & competitions have gained the School an enviable reputation for academic performance.
At Newcastle Grammar School we are proud of our students’ fine record of HSC achievements.
- In the 2016 HSC, Newcastle Grammar School ranked 64th out of more than 650 schools in NSW
- Newcastle Grammar School is the Hunter Region’s Leading Independent School
- Top ATAR in 2016 was 99.80
- One Student achieved 1st in the State in Music 1
- One Student achieved 9th in the State in Drama
- Five students were included on the All Round Achievers list (achieving 90 or more in 10 course units)
- 36 students were on the Distinguished Achievers list (achieving 90 or more in a course unit), achieving 120 top Band results
- One Student was selected to perform at the 2016 ENCORE showcase
- Four Students were nominated for 2016 ENCORE
- Four Students in two categories were nominated for the 2016 OnStage performances
- Two Student’s HSC Body of Work was nominated to exhibit at the 2016 Shape exhibition
Results in external examinations, including the Higher School Certificate and NAPLAN, are consistently well above the State average.
Results in music and art competitions are exceptional, with the School and individual students winning many prestigious awards. At Newcastle Grammar School we are proud of our record of achievements, but accolades and awards are not our motivation. Rather they are the recognition of our students reaching and exceeding their goals.
2016 NAPLAN Results
NAPLAN results are well above State average in all areas.
- NGS results in literacy in Years 3, 5, 7, and 9 and results in mathematics in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 are available at the My School website www.myschool.edu.au